Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Treasure hunting

Amber:
Amber,

I really enjoyed reading your post. I felt like you stated your opinions very clearly, and it really helped me get a sense of what you were trying to say.

Basically, you see the merits of both arguments, to an extent. Overall, you mainly think that it depends on the situation at hand and the materials involved. In general I feel the same way; I think that it is usually more helpful to consider each individual situation than to generalize whether something is all good or all bad.

The only thing that I found confusing about your post was that at times it was difficult to tell which author's opinion you were referring to or even if you were stating your own, but this may just be my reading of it.

One thing that interested me was in your first paragraph, when you were talking about how TV shows and such would be no fun if we had those "flashing arrows". The main reason for this, of course, is that it would completely destroy the subtlety of the scene, and thus ruin the suspenseful atmosphere. But another thing it made me think of was the author's argument that plots are growing more complex-- in fact, now a days we NEED plots to be full of intricate networks of tiny clues just to stay interested.

I enjoyed your post, and look forward to reading more from you!

Remy
I will post a comment for Andrew whenever he posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment